Am I eligible for LIFT Arts Fundraising Mentoring?
Eligibility criteria and considerations.
Before you apply
Applicant organisations must:
- be based in Australia.
- be a legally constituted entity (with an ABN).
- be registered as a not-for-profit organisation, as defined by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- be operating with the primary purpose of providing arts and cultural opportunities for Australian artists and audiences.
- have an annual turnover of less than $10 million in the previous financial year.
This program will not accept applications from:
- schools or tertiary training institutions.
Working with children
If your organisation works with vulnerable or people under the age of 18 and are successful with this application you will need to comply with all State, Territory and Commonwealth law relating to the employment or engagement of people who work or volunteer with children in relation to the Activity, including mandatory reporting and working with children checks. Compliance will be mandatory before the program can begin.
What is the time commitment?
We anticipate each mentorship consisting of 10 meetings (in person or by teleconference or videoconference), including meeting with Board and key staff members (if required).
There will be a one-day gathering of all mentors and mentees mid-way through the mentorship. This workshop is a key part of the program and attendance is mandatory.
On completion of the mentorship, an acquittal reporting on the agreed aims and outcomes is required.
Application organisations will be selected that best demonstrate:
- the calibre and potential to develop and succeed in the mentorship.
- the capacity to develop and grow their leadership within the organisation.
- commitment from the Chair and board to support the mentorship.