Am I eligible for MATCH Lab?
Get the facts on our eligibility and assessment criteria for the MATCH Lab program.
MATCH Lab applications will be opening in October 2020. To hear of the announcement first, subscribe to our eNews and add us on social media.
MATCH Lab is for independent artists and groups. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a practicing artist or group of artists.
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Have an ABN and be prepared to receive project funds; OR have an agreement in place with an auspicing body.
- Be available to participate in the Raising Money for Art clinic.
- Be prepared to run a fundraising campaign between the fundraising campaign window, specified in the guidelines.
MATCH Lab will not support:
- Arts organisations
- School groups or tertiary training institutions.
- Participants of the previous round of MATCH Lab.
- Applicants who have previously received funding from us but have not completed acquittal and reporting, including through the Australian Cultural Fund.
- An activity that has already taken place.
MATCH Lab isn’t for everyone. This isn’t a traditional arts or grants program – it’s designed as an intensive, hands-on professional and business development opportunity.
When assessing applications, we look for independent artists or small group of artists who can show:
- a demonstrated track record of arts practice.
- your professional experience, direction, and goals.
- your capacity to fundraise and build private sector support (individual donations, crowdfunding, philanthropy, trusts or foundations, and business sponsorship) for your work.