Am I eligible for Plus1?
Get the facts on our eligibility and assessment criteria.
Plus1 is open to small-to-medium not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations. For the ins and outs of Plus1 eligibility, watch this short video.
Our eligibility criteria are as follows:
Plus1 is open to small-to-medium not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations. Our eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must be a legally constituted entity (with an ABN) and registered as a not-for-profit organisation, as defined by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Definitions of not-for-profit entities may be found on the ATO and ASIC websites.
- Applicants must have an annual turnover of less than $5 million in the previous financial year.
- Applicants must be based in Australia, and carry, or plan to carry out the majority of their arts activity or practice within Australia.
- Applicants must operate with the primary purpose of providing arts and cultural opportunities for Australian artists and audiences.
Plus1 will not accept applications from:
- Recipients of the previous round of Plus1 funding.
- Schools or tertiary training institutions.
- Organisations with an annual turnover of $5 million or more.
- Entities whose primary purpose is to support the fundraising activities of another organisation that would otherwise not meet the Plus1 eligibility requirements.
Plus1 is divided into two streams.
- Stream A: for applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year of up to $500,000. Stream A applicants are eligible to request up to $25,000 in matched funding.
- Stream B: for applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year from $500,000 up to and including $5 million. Stream B applicants are eligible to request up to $50,000 in matched funding.
Applications will be assessed by Creative Partnerships Australia and a Plus1 peer assessment panel comprising people with expertise in arts fundraising and development.
Final decisions are made by Creative Partnerships Australia, based on the panel assessments. Consideration is also given to ensuring that successful applicants reflect a geographical spread across all states and territories, as well as a spread across art forms.
Applications should demonstrate:
- A clearly articulated campaign strategy and achievable fundraising target.
- Strong key messages of support for the project, and its benefits to the organisation.
- How Plus1 funding will be used to leverage and attract new private sector support.
- The organisation’s capacity to deliver an effective campaign in line with the scope and scale of the organisation.
- The anticipated impact of the campaign and project/activity on the organisation’s sustainability.
- New donors contributing to the organisation, or increased investment from existing donors.