Arts Sponsorship Masterclass | Adelaide
Learn from UK Arts Fundraising and Sponsorship Consultant Nicole Newman as she shares 20+ years' experience working with arts organisations to transform their sponsorship strategies.
Sponsorship is an essential source of income in the cultural sector. A global spending crunch and increased competition for funds has prompted arts organisations to explore new models of fundraising and partnerships; to become more entrepreneurial and commercially driven in how they communicate their fundraising needs and secure sponsors.
Join us for a masterclass with UK Arts Fundraising and Sponsorship Consultant Nicole Newman as she shares over 20 years of experience working with organisations to transform their sponsorship strategies and improve their potential across all areas of commercial income generation.
Who it’s for:
Early- to mid-career fundraising, development and partnerships professionals working in small to medium arts organisations will benefit the most from this masterclass.
General managers or similar that perform fundraising, development and partnerships roles will also find this valuable.
What you’ll get:
- A step-by-step guide to securing and maintaining partners; creating opportunities that are suited to your organisation; and addressing common pitfalls
- Insider tips and insight into good practice and methodology
- New confidence and language skills to communicate your vision to colleagues, board members and executives
- Case studies of successful models in the UK and locally: what makes them work and what you can use.
The masterclass will cover:
- Identifying value and packaging sponsorship opportunities
- Attracting and securing a sponsor
- Creating compelling proposals and pitches
- Maintain and building long-term relationships with a sponsor
- Sales and commercial communication skills
- Leading internal culture change, and getting buy-in from others in your organisation.
When and how much:
20-31 March 2017 in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth
General admission: $100+GST
Includes lunch and refreshments.
About Nicole Newman
Nicole is a Fundraising Director with over 20 years of in-house experience delivering transformational fundraising strategies in major cultural organisations.
She recently became a full-time consultant working with clients to create sustainable fundraising programs and improve their potential across all areas of fundraising and commercial income generation.
Her previous roles include Development Director and Project Director at the English National Ballet, establishing their Capital Campaign and project managing their move to a new building in 2018; Development Director at English National Opera and at Somerset House Trust; and Head of Corporate Fundraising at the V&A and the Tate, where she established many of the successful commercial sponsorship strategies that exist today.
She regularly teaches and lectures internationally on arts fundraising and brand strategy. She lives in London and is a Trustee of the Gate Theatre in Notting Hill and UP Projects.