Building a Case for Support Masterclass with Jane Wentworth | Brisbane
Why should anyone invest in your artistic vision?
*Please note, this event has now sold out, however you can join a waiting list on Eventbrite.
The foundation of every successful fundraising strategy is a compelling case for support. It outlines why you do what you do and illustrates the benefits of investing in your creative journey. A strong case for support serves as the blueprint for the value of your art.
When it comes to approaching donors and partners, your case for support will be the difference between a yes and a no.
In this masterclass, globally-renowned strategic brand consultant Jane Wentworth, will deliver a step-by-step guide for arts organisations to develop their strongest case for support. Jane will show you how to understand your audience and craft your narrative and she will provide proven strategies for effectively sharing your vision with the world.
Who it’s for:
Fundraising and marketing professionals, executives, artistic directors, board members, and CEOs within small, medium and major arts who are wanting to:
- Build the most successful case for support for your arts organisation
- Develop a compelling narrative
- Understand your audience
- Create relevant and persuasive case studiesPlease note: These events are limited in capacity, so they are strictly for people working within the arts sector.
What you’ll get:
- Step-by-step guidance in answering the four key questions required to develop your case for support; what do you do, why do you do it, how do you do it, and what is your vision for the future?
- Insider tips and insight into good practice and methodology in formulating strategy and engaging staff behind shared aims
- New confidence and skills in communicating your vision to colleagues and external stakeholders, including funders
- Case studies of successful models appropriate to the scale of your organisation
- A solid foundation on which to build a distinctive and meaningful case for support
- A networking lunch with your peers at the conclusion of the masterclass
The masterclass will cover:
- Focusing your research: positioning your organisation within your sector, establishing a rapport, and matching values
- Ensuring your case for support relates directly to your organisation’s vision
- Developing a compelling narrative
- Understanding your audiences
- Empowering everyone on your team to be a fundraising advocate
- Creating relevant and persuasive case studies
- Making the most of sponsors’ testimonials
- Building and maintaining relationships
So that we can tailor the masterclass to attendees, once registered you’ll be asked to complete a brief pre-event survey about your level of fundraising expertise and what you’d like to achieve.
About Jane Wentworth
Jane Wentworth is one of the world’s foremost branding and cultural strategy consultants, with over 30 years’ experience.
Since 2003, Jane Wentworth Associates has been helping arts organisations in both the visual and performing arts – public and private, large and small – to define and communicate their brand strategies with a clear vision, a shared and unequivocal set of values, and a common sense of purpose.
She has developed brand strategies for the V&A, Tate, the Smithsonian’s Freer|Sackler Galleries, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Glyndebourne Opera, Chateau Vaux-le-Vicomte, and National Museum of Sweden, among countless others.
Jane is a graduate of the Royal College of Art, and a regular commentator about brand strategy and design. She is a Trustee of the Longplayer Trust and advisor to the Clore Leadership Programme.